The Doctrinal Basis (Belief) of the Leicester Chinese Christian Church (LCCC) shall be the fundamental truths of Christianity, including:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of the Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The dignity of man created in the image of God, and the universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God; His virgin birth and His real and sinless humanity; His death on the cross: His bodily resurrection and His present reign in heaven.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin, only through the sacrificial death of our representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and man.
- Justification as God’s act of undeserved mercy, in which the sinner is pardoned all His sins, and accepted as righteous in God’s sight, only because of the righteousness of Christ imputed to Him, this justification being received by faith alone.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Jesus Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ
- The indwelling work of the Holy Spirit in the believers, producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour, and equipping them for witness in the world.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the future personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The LCCC is, at the same time, aware that, because of the present state of the Church at large, denominational differences exist. For this reason, it should be stressed that the LCCC is an interdenominational church, looking for that which is common to evangelical believers.